IA- Practical Farmers of Iowa- Improving Organic Crop Production
July 20 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Improving Organic Crop Production
FRIDAY, JULY 20 • 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
A potluck lunch will be served at noon. The Wilsons will
provide meat and beverages; please bring a dish to share.
The Wilson Family • Seven W Farm
4375 Pierce Ave. • Paullina • 51046
(712) 229-7782 • [email protected]
• Mechanical weed control – timing is key
• Planter and drill setup for success in organic crop
• Diverse cover crops including a winter pea variety trial
• Direct-cutting vs. swathing oats for food-grade markets
• Corn and forage sorghum mix for silage
Dan, Lorna, April, Torray, Erin, Jaron and Liz Wilson make
up Seven Wilson Farm – a 660-acre diversified, organic
farm. The family grows organic corn, soybeans, hay and a
variety of small grains. The farm also includes an organic
dairy, a grass-fed beef herd, a sheep flock, pasture-raised
broilers and laying hens, and farrow-to-finish hogs.
From Paullina: Take IA Hwy 10 west out of town for 2
miles, then turn right (north) onto Pierce Avenue and drive
2.25 miles. The farm will be on the left (west) side of Pierce